Course Information Handbook – see entry requirements
The Diploma in Law is awarded by the Legal Profession Admission Board which is the authority that grants admission to the legal profession in NSW.
The Board’s aim in offering the Diploma is to make the study of law accessible and affordable to as many people as possible who have the desire and aptitude to undertake it. Features of the program are:
- HSC ATAR at least 68.90
- Part time course (evening) or by external study. Lectures at USYD Camperdown
- Practical orientation and emphasis in the course is on preparation for practice
- Teaching staff come from legal practices and law firms.
- No HECS available – some students may qualify for Austudy assistance
- Full access to USYD Law School Library
There are about 1 200 students currently enrolled – 10% entered through the HSC or equivalent entry category, often after some time in the workforce.