Vice-Chancellor Professor Brian Schmidt AC announced this week an exciting initiative to attract and admit students by looking beyond their ATAR score and recognising their co-curriculum and community contributions.
The ANU Spirit of Excellence Entrance Scheme (SEE) offers early entry to domestic school leavers currently completing an Australian year 12 qualification. The scheme incorporates a more holistic approach to assessment, taking into account the following criteria of applicants:
- Year 11 results
- Schools Recommendation Scheme school ratings
- Awards and achievements
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students
- Pacific Islander students
- Elite Athlete students
- Applicants who are eligible for Educational Access Schemes (EAS) consideration at ANU.
Please note a maximum number of five points can be allocated to an applicant for this scheme.
The scheme is available for eligible ANU programs, however prerequisites and additional selection criteria may apply.
Submit the following applications through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) by 30 September 2016:
- UAC Undergraduate admission application (via UAC) preferencing an eligible ANU program;
- Schools Recommendation Scheme application, which must include the applicant’s year 11 school report and up to 3 additional documents relating to their awards/achievements; And, if applicable:
- An Educational Access Scheme (EAS) application (if the applicant is being considered for EAS under the rural or regional area school categories, they will not be required to submit an EAS application); OR
- A statutory declaration if the applicant is applying as a Pacific Islander, to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR
- Documentation that demonstrates the applicant’s status as an elite athlete, to be returned to email@example.com.
ANU will make unconditional offers to eligible SEE applicants with Year 11 results through UAC in the December Round on Friday 9 December 2016.
Please note all applicants must receive a final ATAR of 70 or greater in order to retain an offer received through this scheme for a Bachelor Degree.
We look forward to welcoming our first cohort of ANU Spirit of Excellence Entrance Scheme participants in 2017.